STOPP International has put together a plan for defeating Planned Parenthood that has been used successfully in hundreds of communities around the world.
Important Background Documents
- First, you must understand the basic underlying philosophies that drive Planned Parenthood’s work. These are contained in Humanist Manifesto II. Although many at Planned Parenthood will deny that they spread this doctrine, a number of the leaders of the organization are either signers of the document or have received awards for spreading its philosophies. Among these leaders are:
- Margaret Sanger (founder of PP) – Humanist of the Year 1957
- Albert Ellis (member PP leadership committee) – Humanist of the Year 1971
- Alan Guttmacher (president of PP) – Signer of Humanist Manifesto II 1973
- Mary Calderone (medical director of PP) – Humanist of the Year 1974
- Betty Friedan (member PP leadership committee) – Humanist of the Year 1975
- Isaac Asimov (member PP leadership committee) – Humanist of the Year 1984
- Faye Wattleton (president of PP) – Humanist of the Year 1986
- Lloyd Morain (member Board of Directors of PPFA) – Humanist of the Year 1994
- Next you should understand why classroom sex education is wrong. Planned Parenthood’s work is based on getting to our children in the classroom and other group settings and indoctrinating them into the PP philosophy. We invite you to read A Psychoanalytic Look At Sex Education, an article written for American Life League by Dr. Melvin Anchell.
- The basis for fighting Planned Parenthood follows the realization that Planned Parenthood supports ideas, philosophies and actions that are completely opposed to the Ten Commandments given to us by God. If people would live their lives according to those Commandments, Planned Parenthood could not exist. Thus, a large part of our work is to spread the word of God in our communities. To understand how to do this, we encourage you to read, and re-read often, the Gospel of St. Matthew, Chapter 10.
- Planned Parenthood continually claims to be a health care organization. Yet, its own 25-year plan shows it is not. To prepare yourself to refute that claim, please read Planned Parenthood Health Care Hoax.
Launching the Offensive
The Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s largest operator of abortion facilities and has admitted to committing over 4,000,000 post-implantation abortion procedures since it first started doing them in New York state in 1970. In 1993, PPFA operated 938 facilities across the country and announced an aggressive plan to have “2,000 clinics by the year 2000.” In order to accomplish this goal, it said it was launching the largest fund raising campaign of its history.
In answer to this threat from Planned Parenthood, STOPP immediately launched an aggressive campaign to halt the spread of Planned Parenthood facilities. This was done through a series of initiatives all aimed at getting people in local communities all across the country to oppose existing PP facilities and prevent the establishment of new ones. As a result of ordinary people rising up against the behemoth, Planned Parenthood not only failed to achieve its stated goal of “2,000 clinics by the year 2000,” but actually revealed in the year 2000 that its number of facilities had dropped to 875! In 2002, STOPP did an extensive research project to identify the name and location of every Planned Parenthood facility in the country. We identified a total of 846 facilities that PPFA operated around the United States (92 less than it did in 1993). Approximately 160 of these facilities killed preborn children on site, while the remainder offered various products for sale, including abortifacients such as the pill, the IUD, Depo-Provera, and emergency contraception.
The Plan’s Beginning
Based on the successes we had over the years, STOPP has put together this plan to peacefully and prayerfully close down every PP facility in the country. The threat of Planned Parenthood still exists today. According to its own data, PP commits more than 300,000 abortions a year. In addition, Planned Parenthood’s sex education classes and PPFA’s website for teens teach children a perverted philosophy which denies the very truth and meaning of human sexuality. Planned Parenthood seeks to break down a child’s natural inhibitions and foster greater promiscuity. This increases Planned Parenthood’s customer base for both contraception and abortion.
Finally, the Planned Parenthood empire has been built and sustained in large part by money from the U.S. taxpayers. Planned Parenthood’s own annual reports indicate that it received $4.2 billion of taxpayer money between 1987 and 2008. Thirty percent ($349.6 million) of Planned Parenthood’s income ($1.04 billion) in its 2007/08 fiscal year came from government grants or contracts. Incredibly, PPFA made $856 million of profit from 1987 to 2008!
People asking what they can do to oppose Planned Parenthood in their town or fight PP sex education in their schools or eliminate PP tax funding in their region contact STOPP International regularly. An effective battle plan needs to address all three fronts in order to obtain a comprehensive victory. STOPP’s plan for defeating Planned Parenthood nationwide relies upon people taking up the battle in their own communities. This plan is divided into three parts:
- Defeating Planned Parenthood’s plans for your community
- Defeating Planned Parenthood in schools
- Defeating government funding of Planned Parenthood
As George Grant pointed out in his book, Grand Illusions, the fight against Planned Parenthood is a religious one. Planned Parenthood is in the business of spreading the ideas and philosophies of the Humanist Manifestos to the community in general and to our children in particular. It is strongly suggested, then, that, as you prepare to fight Planned Parenthood, you read the Gospel of St. Matthew, Chapter 10. In this chapter, Christ gives you the basic instructions on how to spread His word. These instructions fit well into the fight against Planned Parenthood. Those who rely on God and follow Matthew 10 will see positive results-if they will persevere.
We hope that the information contained in this plan will be helpful to you. It is based on actual experience in fighting Planned Parenthood programs and facilities and government funding. In an effort to keep it short, we have omitted many anecdotes and lengthy explanations-opting instead for short, concise advice. What you should know, before you begin, is that you can win! Many communities have kept Planned Parenthood out and others have been successful in getting Planned Parenthood to leave. Many Planned Parenthood sex education programs have been eliminated and government funding has been cut in many localities. To be successful you need faith in God, and you must be persistent. Whenever you have moments of discouragement, re-read Matthew 10 and you will know that God will grant you victory in the end.
God bless you for your willingness to take up this cross!
STOPP PLANNED PARENTHOOD
Building a solid wall of resistance to Planned Parenthood