In This Issue
- Let the Marian Wave Roll! It Is Time for a Marian Surge to Stop Planned Parenthood
- Planned Parenthood Official: We Won’t Hand a Win to Legislators or Anti-Abortion Activists by Closing Our Doors
- Planned Parenthood Shutting Down Facilities in Four States Simultaneously for ‘At Least One Week’
Let the Marian Wave Roll! It Is Time for a Marian Surge to Stop Planned Parenthood
By Rita Diller
American Life League’s Marian Blue Wave is rolling across the nation and the world, showing tremendous growth and power since its inception three years ago. The director of the program, Katie Brown, shared its amazing success story with the Wednesday STOPP Report today.
“Since our program’s inception in 2019, the Marian Blue Wave has amassed nearly 10,000 prayer partners in all 50 states and more than 31 countries around the world,” Brown said. “These partners have each committed to saying one rosary a week for the Marian Blue Wave intentions of ending all abortion and shutting down every Planned Parenthood facility in the nation. This means that since 2019, more than 1.5 million rosaries have been said for an end to abortion!”
Including 2019, the year of the Marian Blue Wave’s inception, we have witnessed the closure of 67 Planned Parenthood facilities and the Dobbs Supreme Court decision stripping the supposed Constitutional “right to abortion.” Every pro-life success story is built on prayer.
Beginning October 7, 2022, our Marian Blue Wave will grow even more, becoming a Marian Surge (more info to follow as that date draws near). Through this surge, we aspire to cover every Planned Parenthood facility in our nation with prayer partners on-site, with rosary prayers, and through consecration prayers for our work to stop Planned Parenthood!
The abortion giant is confounded following the Dobbs decision and the loss of the supposed right to abortion. Here is how you can add to the spiritual momentum at this most urgent moment in time to help stop Planned Parenthood.
- The Marian Surge revolves around praying the rosary on-site at Planned Parenthood as often as possible. Keeping our focus on the rosary while we pray is a must. What if other people are already praying there? That’s great. Your prayers will multiply the spiritual power. What if nobody is praying there? Grab a companion and go out to PP to pray the rosary. Make your presence a recurring event that Planned Parenthood can count on. Your prayers will multiply as others join you. Planned Parenthood workers have told us they feel our prayers moving through the very walls of the building. When the rosary collides with evil, demons begin to flee, and when demons flee, lives and souls are saved.
“The devil and his demons tremble before [Mary]. They could not tempt her into sin, and they know what a powerful intercessor she is, calling us to conversion and a return to the Lord.” – The Dominican Friars
- We take beautiful images of Our Lady with us to pray at Planned Parenthood. Just the sight of her brings conversion to many and fear into the hearts of aggressors. She provides a peaceful umbrella of protection over us as we pray. In Corpus Christi, abortion workers came out of an abortion facility one by one to pray before the pilgrim image of Our Lady of Guadalupe when it was brought there. Those workers left the abortion industry, and the abortion facility eventually shut down.
“In addition to blessing us with joy and peace, the Blessed Mother also protects us from harm.” – The Dominican Friars
- We pray prayers to stop Planned Parenthood and prayers consecrating our work to the Blessed Virgin Mary at the Planned Parenthood facilities. These prayers were approved by Bishop Emeritus John W. Yanta of the Amarillo Diocese, who promoted and often participated in praying the rosary at Planned Parenthood. He saw the closure of every Planned Parenthood in the Texas Panhandle (19) in just over a decade of faithful prayer. The top 26 counties of Texas remain Planned-Parenthood-free. The prayers and signs with Our Lady’s image are available in our ALL shop.
“O most Holy Mother of God, ‘who bore in your womb the very One who the heavens cannot contain,’* to you we consecrate our efforts to stop Planned Parenthood’s evil attacks upon humanity.” – American Life League’s Consecration Prayer and *St. Louis De Montfort
- The rosary is Our Lady’s weapon given through the ages to drive out evil and halt aggression against the helpless, the voiceless, the despised, and the oppressed. Praying the rosary on-site at Planned Parenthood brings the battle between good and evil to a climax and literally drives demons out.
“The rosary is a powerful weapon to put the demons to flight and to keep oneself from sin.” – Pope Pius XI
- We begin this campaign—our witness before the world—in October, the Month of the Rosary. October 7 is the third anniversary of the institution of American Life League’s Marian Blue Wave, calling people of good will to pray the rosary every day for an end to abortion, wherever they may be. October 7 is also the anniversary of the Battle of Lepanto.
Devotion to the rosary is so closely tied to the Christian victory at the Battle of Lepanto that the date of the miraculous victory over the Turks—Oct. 7, 1571—continues to be celebrated over 400 years later as the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary.
For years the Muslim forces had mercilessly raided Christian communities, heaping heartless torture upon their captors, hauling away young women and men for the harems and stronger men for the galleys. Pope Pius V helped facilitate action and urged the praying of the rosary for a swift and decisive victory. The people responded with immense rosary processions.
Then, against all odds, one of the greatest naval sea battles in history and the most important at that time for the safety of Europe was won against the Turks at Lepanto on Oct. 7.
After the victory, the Venetian senators placed in their meeting chamber a panel with the words: “It was not courage, not arms, not leaders, but Mary of the Rosary that made us victors.”
Mary of the Rosary will make us victors, as well, over Planned Parenthood’s egregious battle for the lives and souls of our children—the very heart of our families. This is our witness to the sanctity of human life before heaven and earth!
There is no evil to be faced that Christ does not face with us. There is no enemy that Christ has not already conquered. There is no cross to bear that Christ has not already borne for us, and does not now bear with us. And on the far side of every cross we find the newness of life in the Holy Spirit, that new life which will reach its fulfillment in the resurrection. This is our faith. This is our witness before the world. – St. John Paul II, from the Eucharistic Celebration Homily (October 8, 1995)
Planned Parenthood Official: We Won’t Hand a Win to Legislators or Anti-Abortion Activists by Closing Our Doors
According to Planned Parenthood, its Indiana abortion centers will remain open and continue selling birth control after the September 15 effective date for the new state law restricting most abortions in the state.
Following passage of the law, Planned Parenthood has joined forces with the ACLU to sue seven county prosecutors in an attempt to bar enforcement of new abortion restrictions. According to a WTHR news report, the new law would cut Planned Parenthood out of the abortion business in Indiana while still allowing certain abortions to take place in hospitals or outpatient clinics owned by hospitals.
Despite the cards being stacked against Planned Parenthood, Inside Indiana Business reported in August before the bill’s passage that Planned Parenthood said it will not shut down any of its facilities. The report quotes an Indiana PP spokesperson after a pro-abortion rally at the statehouse saying, “There’s no way we’re handing a win to the legislators in this building, or the anti-abortion activists, by shuttering any of our health centers.”
Meanwhile, all non-Planned Parenthood abortion centers in the state are closing their doors, admitting that abortion is their only business. Planned Parenthood’s ploy to remain open appears to be a political strategy, made possible by the tremendous amount of taxpayer money it receives every day along with millions in private donations.
Planned Parenthood’s latest annual report shows it received almost 1.7 million taxpayer dollars daily in fiscal year 2019-2020. That’s $618 million over the twelve-month period. That is a full 38 percent of Planned Parenthood’s overall revenue. Private contributions made up another 31% of its revenue. Non-government “health services” accounted for only 22% of annual revenue, with the remaining 9% classified as “other.”
Like abortion laws coming into effect in other states, the new Indiana law is obviously not a total ban on abortions and still allows exceptions for the killing of babies at certain gestational ages, those with fetal anomalies, in certain maternal risk factors, and in certain circumstances of creation.
It is unclear whether Planned Parenthood will continue distributing abortion pills (Mifeprex/mifepristone) following the law’s trigger date. While Planned Parenthood denies that its birth control pills end the lives of developing children, it recommends and prescribes regimens such as Mifeprex and misoprostol pills to abort babies. These are marketed by the organization as the abortion pill.
Planned Parenthood Shutting Down Facilities in Four States Simultaneously for ‘At Least One Week’
While Planned Parenthood repeatedly trumpets that it has not closed a single facility since the Dobbs decision came down from the Supreme Court on June 24, FOX News is reporting that Planned Parenthood of the Great Plains is closing its facilities in Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, and Oklahoma for at least one week. The closures, it says, were set to start September 3.
Planned Parenthood officials cited “brutal” working conditions over the past year and said it was not sustainable for employees, who will rest while they “see what happens next.”
You can read the full report here.