A bill in the United States Senate (H.B. 1628) called the Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017 will take $400 million away from Planned Parenthood for the next year. It needs 50 senators to vote for it (VP Mike Pence would then cast the deciding 51st vote for passage).
There are 52 Republican senators in Congress. We have heard that there are four or five Republican senators who may not support the bill. So, we will need three of them to change their minds, or three or more Democrats to vote for the bill.
To make that happen, we need YOU to make phone calls this weekend and all next week.
YOU must talk to your senators and let them know YOU want two things:
1. Removal of federal dollars from Planned Parenthood
2. Assurance that the Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017 does not allow any healthcare money to pay for abortions
1. Call the United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate office you request. If you don’t know your senator’s name, just tell the person which state you are from and he will give you the two names.
2. Tell the senator you live in his state and want all taxpayer money taken away from Planned Parenthood.
3. Encourage your friends and family to also make these calls.