Last week we explained about the reconciliation bill going to the U.S. Senate that will strip Planned Parenthood of Medicaid funds for one year and repeal and replace parts of Obamacare.
The Senate will be on a Memorial Day recess from Friday afternoon, May 26, through Monday morning, June 5. Many senators will be back in their home states during this time, so this affords you the perfect opportunity to tell them you want two things in the reconciliation bill:
- Removal of federal dollars from Planned Parenthood.
- Assurances that the American Health Care Act does not allow any health care money to pay for abortions.
Planned Parenthood is doing everything it can to get its people talking to their senators. Just this week, it sent an urgent message to its supporters:
I’m still furious. Just last week, the House passed the bill to “defund” Planned Parenthood and devastate our health care. By a razor-thin margin of 217 to 213, they voted to axe it all—birth control, cancer screenings, and more. Now the fight moves to a full-on Senate showdown.
I won’t mince words . . . : The stakes are literally life and death. So we’re fighting like our lives depend on it—because lifesaving care for millions really does.
This week’s urgent action: Senate Showdown in ____ (Your State)
Your senators will be in ___ for Memorial Day recess at the end of this month. Whether they’re with us, against us, or undecided, they need to see you during Memorial Day recess, May 29 to June 2. From senator “search parties” to thank you card deliveries to big events, we need your help.
This administration’s war on reproductive rights is real. It’s happening. And this might be our last chance to stop them. For access to care, for women, for everything Planned Parenthood gives to 2.5 million patients and countless families and communities, I’m asking you to help now.
Please do not let Planned Parenthood supporters be the only ones talking to senators. Make sure you and all of your friends are meeting with them as well.
- Call United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate office you request. If you don’t know your senators’ names, just tell him what state you are from and he’ll give you the two names.
- Tell the senator’s office you want to talk with the senator during the Memorial Day recess.
- Ask for a list of any public functions he will attend during the recess.
- Tell the office you would like 30 minutes of the senator’s time and schedule a meeting.
- After the recess, let us know what you did. Send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will let everyone know what happened in one of our June issues of Pro-Life This Week.
This is NOT about politics. This is the life and death of innocent babies. Call today and meet with your senators during the recess.