No Fines, No Fees — Abortionist Alberto Hodari Instructed by
Michigan Authorities to “Retrain” Employees
WASHINGTON, D.C. (27 March 2008) – American Life League President Judie Brown commented on the State of Michigan’s request that abortionist Alberto Hodari merely retrain his employees as to the proper disposal of human waste, by which they mean aborted children.
“Mere fines for this outrage would have been a grave injustice!” stated Brown. “But the State of Michigan chose the regulatory equivalent of a slap on the wrist; no fines were leveled. This simply proves, once again, the need to protect the human dignity of preborn children through personhood is more urgent than ever.”
“That Michigan authorities did not have the courage to bring the maximum penalty the law can afford against this abortionist sends a terrible signal to the abortion industry,” stated Brown. “Now that they have gotten away with it once, we can, unfortunately, be sure they will feel more emboldened in their grisly acts of violence against preborn babies.”
In early March, hazardous waste crews were called to Hodari’s WomanCare abortion facility to haul away the human remains of aborted babies. According to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, human tissue is supposed to be disposed of either by incineration, cremation or cemetery burial. Each violation of the law is subject to a fine up to $2,500 and up to $1,000 for each day the violation occurred.
American Life League was co-founded in 1979 by Judie Brown. It is the largest grassroots Catholic pro-life organization in the United States and is committed to the protection of all innocent human beings from the moment of creation to death. For more information or press inquiries, please contact Michael Hichborn at 540.659.7900.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Jill Stanek: The Hodari Archives
- AP: State Orders Abortion Clinic to Retrain Workers on Medical Waste (26 March 2008)
- LifeSiteNews: Pro-Life Group Reports Fetal Remains Found behind Michigan Abortion Clinic (25 March 2008)
- FOX News: Abortion Clinics Investigated for Dumping Waste and Patient Records (19 March 2008)
- The Detroit News: Officials seize medical waste in Lathrup Village abortion clinic Dumpster (10 March 2008)
- Citizens for a Pro-Life Society: Continuing Coverage of the Hodari Investigation
Released 27 Mar 08