Thousands to Participate Nationwide
Washington, D.C. (22 May 2008) – American Life League’s national Protest the Pill Day ’08: The Pill Kills Babies is gaining momentum throughout the country. Local protests against the birth control pill are scheduled to take place outside pharmacies and Planned Parenthood facilities on the anniversary of the Griswold v. Connecticut Supreme Court decision, Saturday, June 7.
"We have been in contact with people all across the country who are excited and ready to protest," said Marie Hahnenberg, researcher for American Life League and project manager of Protest the Pill Day. "So far, we have heard from people in at least 10 states, including California, Texas, Wisconsin and North Carolina, that they will be participating in Protest the Pill Day. Even protesters in Canada are participating."
American Life League, Pro-Life Wisconsin and Pharmacists for Life International are organizing pro-lifers to protest outside of facilities that distribute the birth control pill because of its abortifacient effects. A press conference on the protest is scheduled for June 6 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC at 9:00 a.m.
"Pro-lifers understand that life does, in fact, begin at fertilization and the birth control pill kills babies," Hahnenberg said. "There is so much disinformation on the birth control pill, we decided that a national protest is the best way to educate people."
According to several pro-abortion blogs, counter-protests are already being prepared.
"We welcome counter-protesters; it will be an opportunity to educate on the truth about the pill," said Hahnenberg. "Women have been deceived for years and we must take a stand and do something about it."
American Life League was cofounded in 1979 by Judie Brown. It is the largest grassroots Catholic pro-life organization in the United States and is committed to the protection of all innocent human beings from the moment of creation to death. For more information or media inquiries, please contact Michael Hichborn at 540.659.4171.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- American Life League: Protest the Pill Day ‘08
- Life Site News: More and More Seeing that "The Pill Kills" (13 May 2008)
- Chicago Tribune: In Sprint 2008, Anti-Feminism is in Full Bloom (12 May 2008)
- Is Anybody There (blog): Protest the Pill Day '08: The Pill Kills Babies (10 May 2008)
- Pro Woman Pro Life (blog): The Pill Kills (09 May 2008)
- Youth for Life (blog): The Pill Kills (08 May 2008)
- Catholic Exchange: The Pill Kills – Believe It or Not (08 May 2008)
- Feministing (blog): American Life League Launches Anti-Birth Control Campaign (06 May 2008)
- Church Gal (blog): The Other Shoe Drops: Anti-Choicers Don't Want You to Have Contraception (06 May 2008)
- RH Reality Check: 'Pro-Lifers' Plan National Protest of Contraception (05 May 2008)