Washington, D.C. (13 May 2008) – Dr. Marie Anderson, an obstetrician-gynecologist at the Tepeyac Family Center in Fairfax, Virginia, will be one of the medical experts speaking at American Life League's press conference for Protest the Pill Day ’08: The Pill Kills Babies.
American Life League, along with Pharmacists for Life and Pro-life Wisconsin, will hold the press conference on June 6 at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. at 9:00 a.m. Dr. Anderson joins a panel of experts who will make short statements and take questions on how the birth control pill kills human beings in the womb.
"Dr. Anderson is a very popular speaker in the Washington area, having appeared on local television and at local schools, colleges and universities," said Marie Hahnenberg, researcher for American Life League. Dr. Anderson will present medical evidence on the abortifacient effect of oral contraceptives.
"Even though this information is printed on the package insert, most women are completely unaware of the fact that the pill does not always prevent conception and can cause abortion by preventing a new human being from attaching to the uterus," said Hahnenberg. "Our theme for Protest the Pill Day is 'the pill kills babies,’ because the birth control pill and other birth control products can, in fact, kill innocent human beings in the womb."
Protest the Pill Day '08 will be observed on Saturday, June 7, the anniversary of the Griswold v. Connecticut Supreme Court decision that decriminalized the use of contraceptives in 1965.
Hundreds of blogs have hotly debated Protest the Pill Day ‘08 since American Life League launched the web site www.ThePillKills.com. It is American Life League’s latest effort to educate the public on the abortifacient nature of the birth control pill.
"Planned Parenthood shills, such as the Feministing and RH Reality Check web sites, are attacking our effort as ‘unscientific,’ but they completely ignore the evidence," said Hahnenberg. "Our web site makes the case quite clear and the facts simply speak for themselves."
American Life League was cofounded in 1979 by Judie Brown. It is the largest grassroots Catholic pro-life organization in the United States and is committed to the protection of all innocent human beings from the moment of creation to death. For more information or media inquiries, please contact Michael Hichborn at 540.659.4171.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- American Life League: Protest the Pill Day ‘08
- Life Site News: More and More Seeing that "The Pill Kills" (13 May 2008)
- Chicago Tribune: In Sprint 2008, Anti-Feminism is in Full Bloom (12 May 2008)
- Is Anybody There (blog): Protest the Pill Day '08: The Pill Kills Babies (10 May 2008)
- Pro Woman Pro Life (blog): The Pill Kills (09 May 2008)
- Youth for Life (blog): The Pill Kills (08 May 2008)
- Feministing (blog): American Life League Launches Anti-Birth Control Campaign (06 May 2008)
- Church Gal (blog): The Other Shoe Drops: Anti-Choicers Don't Want You to Have Contraception (06 May 2008)
- RH Reality Check: 'Pro-Lifers' Plan National Protest of Contraception (05 May 2008)