Washington, D.C. (06 June 2008) – American Life League hosted a press conference for its first Protest the Pill Day, ramping up for the protests scheduled to occur nationwide outside facilities that distribute the pill. In partnership with Pro-Life Wisconsin and Pharmacists for Life, ALL seeks to raise awareness about the abortifacient nature of the pill, which is responsible for killing preborn children in their earliest days.
"Inhibition of ovulation is not equal to its elimination. Escape ovulation happens," said Dr. Marie Anderson, OB/GYN practitioner with the Tepeyac Family Center in Fairfax, VA. "The short story is that the pill thins the uterine lining and depletes it of essential nutrients, such as glycodelin-A, to the degree that it cannot nourish a newly conceived baby. IVF data has repeatedly shown that the minimal endometrial thickness which is required to maintain an early pregnancy ranges from 5-13 mm. The average endometrial thickness of pill users is only ¼ mm. This is too thin to nourish a baby. Consequently, the baby dies, and this is an abortion."
Jim Sedlak, vice president of American Life League said, “In 1965, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists changed the definition of conception from meaning ‘the union of egg and sperm’ to ‘implantation.’ They did this deliberately, in order to avoid labeling the birth control pill and IUD as abortifacients.”
Following brief statements from a panel of experts, American Life League announced that protests will be taking place in at least 18 states, and itself will be hosting a protest outside the Planned Parenthood facility at 1108 16th Street N.W. in Washington D.C.
For more details about the press conference, including video clips and quotes, please visit our web site at www.all.org/PillKills.php.
American Life League was cofounded in 1979 by Judie Brown. It is the largest grassroots Catholic pro-life organization in the United States and is committed to the protection of all innocent human beings from the moment of creation to death. For more information or media inquiries, please contact Michael Hichborn at 540.659.4171.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- American Life League: Protest the Pill Day ‘08
- American Life League: Video Report – The Pill Kills Babies (02 June 2008)
- Feministing: No, Virginia, the Pill does NOT "Kill" (02 June 2008)
- National Organization for Women: Expose the Lies: Protest Birth Control
- Catholic News Agency: Pro-lifers prepare to protest birth control pill (26 May 2008)
- Mich News: Pill Protest Gaining Momentum (24 May 2008)
- Life Site News: More and More Seeing that "The Pill Kills" (13 May 2008)
- Chicago Tribune: In Spring 2008, Anti-Feminism is in Full Bloom (12 May 2008)
- Is Anybody There (blog): Protest the Pill Day '08: The Pill Kills Babies (10 May 2008)
- Pro Woman Pro Life (blog): The Pill Kills (09 May 2008)
- Youth for Life (blog): The Pill Kills (08 May 2008)
- Catholic Exchange: The Pill Kills – Believe It or Not (08 May 2008)
- Feministing (blog): American Life League Launches Anti-Birth Control Campaign (06 May 2008)
- Church Gal (blog): The Other Shoe Drops: Anti-Choicers Don't Want You to Have Contraception (06 May 2008)
- RH Reality Check: 'Pro-Lifers' Plan National Protest of Contraception (05 May 2008)