to honor Planned Parenthood supporter
WASHINGTON, D.C. (11 April 2008) – Judie Brown, president of American Life League, released the following statement concerning San Francisco Archbishop Niederauer’s intent to honor a philanthropist known for supporting Planned Parenthood and embryonic stem cell research, and for opposing regulations on abortion.
San Francisco’s Catholic Archbishop George Niederauer has once again defied common sense and become involved in honoring someone who is an enemy of the Church and is well known as one of Planned Parenthood’s most generous supporters.
It is beyond my imagination that the archbishop could agree to be part of such an event, but then again, if I recall correctly, he is the same archbishop who gave the body and blood of Christ in the Holy Eucharist to two avowed homosexuals who were, at the time, wearing costumes designed to mock Catholic women religious. On that occasion, the archbishop claimed he did not notice the costumes!
Since the event at which Planned Parenthood’s supporter, George Marcus, is to be honored is scheduled for this evening, one has to wonder if once again we will learn, after the fact, that he simply didn’t notice.
It is a source of grave concern to all of us at American Life League that Archbishop Niederauer continues to participate in occasions of scandal by his apparent lack of concern over matters as serious as this one. How a prelate of the Catholic Church could be involved at any level with a man who supports the world’s leading abortion provider is simply beyond belief.
American Life League was co-founded in 1979 by Judie Brown. It is the largest grassroots Catholic pro-life organization in the United States and is committed to the protection of all innocent human beings from the moment of creation to death. For more information or press inquiries, please contact Michael Hichborn at 540.659.7900.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Catholic World News: San Francisco Archbishop to Honor Major Planned Parenthood Donor (10 April 2008)
- Life Site News: San Francisco Archbishop Responds After Caught on Video Giving Communion to Gay Men Dressed as Nuns (10 October 2007)
- Life Site News: San Francisco Adoption Staff to Work With Gay Friendly Agency (8 August 2006)
- Life Site News: New San Francisco Archbishop Thinks Gay Propaganda Film Brokeback Mountain is "Very Powerful" (13 February 2006)
- The Conservative Voice: Noted Priest Concerned Over Archbishop's Pro-Gay Stance (23 December 2005)