Washington, D.C. (02 June 2008) – As pro-lifers across the nation prepare to protest the birth control pill this Saturday, June 7, the National Organization for Women seeks supporters for counter-protests.
"The pill can kill preborn babies, which is why American Life League decided this campaign would be the best way to reach as many women as possible," said Marie Hahnenberg, researcher for American Life League and project manager of Protest the Pill Day. "We fully welcome the opportunity to present the truth to anyone who attends our protest."
Protest The Pill Day ’08: The Pill Kills Babies is American Life League’s latest effort to educate women about the abortifacient effects of the birth control pill. Supporters across the country will be joining the protest by wearing The Pill Kills T-shirts and holding signs outside of Planned Parenthood facilities and pharmacies that sell the birth control pill. NOW is claiming on its web site that it will show up for counter-protests.
"Shortly after we announced Protest The Pill Day, NOW and various pro-abortion blogs erupted in response," said Hahnenberg. "They all deny the fact that the pill does in fact cause abortions, even though the package insert specifically states that the pill may prevent implantation."
Jodi Wagner of Pharmacists for Life, Dr. Marie Anderson of the Tepeyac Family Center and Peggy Hamill of Pro-Life Wisconsin are joining American Life League on June 6 for a press conference in the National Press Club on the abortifacient effects of the pill.
"It’s good to see that our protest is causing some heat with the opposition," said Hahnenberg. "The first step in coming to the truth is to talk about it."
American Life League was cofounded in 1979 by Judie Brown. It is the largest grassroots Catholic pro-life organization in the United States and is committed to the protection of all innocent human beings from the moment of creation to death. For more information or media inquiries, please contact Michael Hichborn at 540.659.4171.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- American Life League: Protest the Pill Day ‘08
- National Organization for Women: Expose the Lies: Protest Birth Control
- Choice Words Blog: Join the Counter Protest: Planning is Power (30 May 2008)
- Catholic News Agency: Pro-lifers prepare to protest birth control pill (26 May 2008)
- Mich News: Pill Protest Gaining Momentum (24 May 2008)
- Life Site News: More and More Seeing that "The Pill Kills" (13 May 2008)
- Chicago Tribune: In Spring 2008, Anti-Feminism is in Full Bloom (12 May 2008)
- Is Anybody There (blog): Protest the Pill Day '08: The Pill Kills Babies (10 May 2008)
- Pro Woman Pro Life (blog): The Pill Kills (09 May 2008)
- Youth for Life (blog): The Pill Kills (08 May 2008)
- Catholic Exchange: The Pill Kills – Believe It or Not (08 May 2008)
- Feministing (blog): American Life League Launches Anti-Birth Control Campaign (06 May 2008)
- Church Gal (blog): The Other Shoe Drops: Anti-Choicers Don't Want You to Have Contraception (06 May 2008)
- RH Reqality Check: 'Pro-Lifers' Plan National Protest of Contraception (05 May 2008)