By Emily Brown
We often hear the misconception that a fetus is not human. The pro-aborts call preborn babies anything but human, including “a clump of cells,” “a parasite,” or “a potential life.” The truth is that, at the moment of creation, the single-celled being is a very tiny human being.
It’s hard to deny the humanity of the preborn when you know facts about the astounding development the child experiences in utero. Here are 10 amazing things about the development of the preborn child that you may not have known.
1. At the moment of creation (conception/biological beginning) the newly formed human being carries with him as much information as 50 sets of Encyclopedia Britannica.
2. The genetic DNA a child has at creation will decide all of his physical characteristics, his intelligence, and his personality.
3. Two days after creation a baby is three cells big!
4. The baby’s heart, brain, spinal column, and nervous system are almost COMPLETE at 20 days after creation!
5. As early at 16 days after creation, the baby’s heartbeat has been recorded.
6. Twenty-eight days after creation the child has his own blood flowing in his veins. This is completely different than his mother’s.
7. Six weeks after creation a preborn child’s brainwaves can be recorded!
8. Four weeks after creation one can see the outlines of the brain, eye vesicles, and the beginnings of the child’s nervous system.
9. A preborn baby’s whole body is sensitive to touch at nine weeks.
10. The child has unique facial features at eight weeks that distinguish him from all other human beings.
Did you know all of these facts? Share this article so that more people can learn about the humanity of the preborn.
Emily Brown is the former director of American Life League’s Life Defenders. She now teaches elementary school in Spotsylvania, Virginia.