Washington, D.C. (31 March 2009) – American Life League’s STOP Sebelius campaign geared into action Monday urging ALL supporters and the pro-life community to speak out against the confirmation of radically pro-abortion Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius as Department of Health and Human Services Secretary.
“Gov. Sebelius can’t hide from her vehemently pro-abortion record,” said Judie Brown, president of ALL. “Aside from her multiple executive decisions in favor of abortion, Sebelius has honored George “The Killer” Tiller at the governor’s mansion. The American people don’t want a Tiller admirer in charge of their health care.”
While the Senate confirmation hearing is set for sometime this week, thousands of supporters were activated across the country to contact their senators and oppose the nomination.
In a letter to supporters Monday, Brown said:
“I know you and I share a feeling of horror at the thought of this rabidly pro-abortion governor in charge of the nation’s health care …
Gov. Sebelius has been not only a supporter of abortion access – she has actively promoted the culture of death in Kansas …
The Senate’s decision this week will be the deciding factor. Please help us inundate the Senate offices with your voice of outrage.”
Gov. Sebelius is yet another pro-abortion activist to join the ranks of President Obama’s executive appointees. Other prominent pro-abortionists to fill key positions in the president’s administration include:
- White House Director of Communications Ellen Moran – the former executive director of the pro-abortion group Emily’s List.
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton – recent recipient of Planned Parenthood’s Margaret Sanger Award
- Attorney General Thomas Perrelli – the lawyer who represented Terri Schiavo’s husband Michael in his effort to have her killed.
American Life League’s STOP Sebelius petition can be viewed at www.STOPSebelius.com
American Life League was cofounded in 1979 by Judie Brown. It is the largest grassroots Catholic pro-life organization in the United States and is committed to the protection of all innocent human beings from the moment of creation to death. For more information or press inquiries, please contact Katie Walker at 540.659.4942.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- American Life League: STOP Sebelius http://www.all.org/kathleen_sebelius.php
- LifeSiteNews: Senate Hearings for Sebelius as HHS Secretary to Begin this Week (31 March 2009) http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/mar/09033007.html