Next Wednesday, the United States Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in cases challenging the “contraceptive mandate” in Obamacare.
There are a total of seven cases wrapped together:
- 14-1505 ROMAN CATHOLIC ARCHBISHOP v. BURWELL, SEC. OF H&HS, ET AL.
- 15-105 LITTLE SISTERS, ET AL. v. BURWELL, SEC. OF H&HS, ET AL.
- 14-1418 ZUBIK, DAVID A. ET AL. v. BURWELL, SEC. OF H&HS, ET AL.
- 14-1453 PRIESTS FOR LIFE, ET AL. v. DEPT. OF H&HS, ET AL.
- 15-119 SOUTHERN NAZARENE UNIV., ET AL. v. BURWELL, SEC. OF H&HS, ET AL.
- 15-191 GENEVA COLLEGE v. BURWELL, SEC. OF H&HS, ET AL.
- 15-35 E. TX BAPTIST UNIV., ET AL. v. BURWELL, SEC. OF H&HS
All the cases argue that nonprofit groups should not be forced to pay for contraceptives and other objectionable products for their employees if the use of contraceptives is against their religious beliefs. SCOTUS previously decided that for-profit corporations did not have to follow the mandate, but these cases specifically involve nonprofit groups.
All our readers are invited to participate in rallies in front of the Supreme Court. There will be a prayer rally outside the court on Tuesday night, March 22, from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. The oral arguments will begin at 10:00 a.m. on March 23 and should last 60 to 90 minutes. Before, during, and after the arguments there will be another rally in front of the court building. Join American Life League and many pro-life leaders in standing against this mandate.
This case will be a test of the 8-person court and Justice Kennedy.
Pray for the success of these cases.