Washington, DC—American Life League’s STOPP International has released the latest report on Planned Parenthood facilities in the United States. STOPP cofounder and ALL vice president, Jim Sedlak, commented, “Once again, our annual survey of Planned Parenthood shows an organization in decline. The organization continues its downward spiral, with the number of centers well below its 1973 level.”
ALL president Judie Brown stated, “Every day a Planned Parenthood closes is a good day for our nation. We still have a long way to go. We will not stop until every Planned Parenthood facility is closed.”
The highlights of the report include:
- During 2014, Planned Parenthood Federation of America continued to close “health centers” at a record rate. This year, it closed 34 centers in a total of 19 different states.
- Planned Parenthood now operates 668 centers in the United States, of which 337 commit surgical and/or medical abortions.
- Planned Parenthood is the nation’s largest abortion chain, operating 45.6 percent of all the surgical/medical abortion facilities.
- This year is the first time in 10 years that Planned Parenthood had fewer surgical abortion centers AND fewer medical abortion centers AND fewer total number of surgical/medical abortion centers.
- There are two Planned Parenthood affiliates that do not do surgical or medical abortions at any of their centers:
- Planned Parenthood of Central Oklahoma
- Planned Parenthood of West and Northern Michigan
- North Dakota continues to be the only state where Planned Parenthood has no centers that provide medical services.
- With the closing of its Rapid City, South Dakota, center in 2014, Planned Parenthood now has five states in which it operates only one center.
A full copy of the latest STOPP report can be found at http://www.stopp.org/pdfs/2014/STOPP_Facilities2014.pdf.
Media inquiries, please contact Rob Gasper at 540.659.4171 or Rgasper@all.org.